I’m not much of a blogging gal, but I’m trying my best. Here is what has happened since our last blog post. We’ve accomplished many small tasks while the team focuses on PS4, and I’ll play catch up for those that haven’t been hanging out on the forums.
Introducing the Mod Squad. This thread was a long time coming, and is about getting to know those that help out on the forums.
Welcome back to our APB Brazilian players.
We’ve lifted the IP block for Brazil and are working with Hoplon on migrating you back to our service. There will be a database copy on August 22nd and Hoplon will be shutting down their APB services on August 28th. We will have more information about the migration after we look over the database copy. Of note, Brazil and a bunch of other countries can now access APB using Steam.
With the existing team busy working on PS4, the community is pulling together and helping with event suggestions, and some of these community-suggested events have already rolled out to you. You’ll see who suggested the event in the event tracker UI, so jump into the discussion and provide your feedback for future events. Some events may have a few bugs (we’re still getting the kinks out), so if an event doesn’t work don’t worry, we’ll get you a prize a few days later as long as you give it a try.
Armas Weapon Free Trials
We reset all weapon free trials on Armas and added the free trial option to all weapons (excluding those added in the last week to Armas). We will make sure that the free trial option will be reset again on a consistent basis (every 3 months is what we’re aiming for).
New Armas items
Based on feedback from players we’ve done some digging and have released some items on Armas that were not available previously. Check out the Armas featured tab to see what’s available.
District Max Capacity
On Friday we lowered the districts to a max of 80. We’re monitoring this to see how it impacts performance for the player-base.
Things we’re looking into (this does not mean it will happen; we’re in an exploratory stage)
- District Queuing - We're looking into this. We may be able to salvage some of the older code from the RTW days and make it workable with our modern game client and server.
- Seeing what other items are available to add in the mix. We have a really talented community with a lot of knowledge of past and present APB content. We're reading your comments on this and will continue to see what's feasible.
- More daily events – check the event tracker every day! You never know what you might find if you read the description for the events.
- We’re in touch with our friends at Innova and investigating what items and events we can use to give our players more content.
- Armas Pricing - We're evaluating our options regarding pricing and making costs more uniform across weapon types. There are clear gaps in the logic for pricing where some items are over-priced and others are under-priced. When we have more information to share we will.
- Looking into the ability to have player content added to the Joker Store, how long this would take, and legalities.
- Adding to Loyalty rewards to those that are existing.
- Investigating the option of having open test servers vs closed.
Here’s a good one I’d love your thoughts on: What would be your priority for the rest of the year if you were calling the shots? Tell us here.
- Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases
- Put the Engine Upgrade to the side and release new content
- Define what you feel would be new content
- Other thoughts and suggestions?
Have a great week.