To most of us, Halloween usually means fun, pranks and dressing up. However, Halloween in San Paro usually means guns, explosions and dressing even weirder than normal (so just another sunny day in San Paro really...)
Yep, it's time for the annual scare-fest that is Fright Club in APB Reloaded. We've gone all out this year to make sure that this is the biggest and best Halloween event we've put on yet! We'll be starting the event on Thursday 24th October and running right through to Wednesday 6th November, that's almost two weeks of frightening fun and petrifying prizes to be had!
First off, Trick and Treat are returning once again - you'll find them holed up in that old abandoned Asylum with the following goodies for you if you can progress up the ranks with them:
- Level 1 - Start
- Level 2 - Spooky Symbols
- Level 3 - Terrifying Themes
- Level 4 - Petrifying Pumpkin Mask
- Level 5 - Thrilling Titles
- Level 6 - Wicked Weapon Skin and Horrifying Headband
- Level 1 - Unlocks 'Pumpkin Chaser' title
- Level 2 - Unlocks 'Pumpkin Murderer' title
- Level 3 - Unlocks 'Pumpkin Assassin' title
- Level 4 - Unlocks 'Pumpkin Terminator' title
If you thought orange pumpkins staring out of dark corners at you were disturbing enough, then we've got some bad news for you. Purple pumpkins have been spotted hidden throughout Financial and Waterfront, and, like their orange cousins, they need to be destroyed. There are reports of them numbering in the thousands, but with only some of them choosing to make themselves visible to each player across both districts, so you'll need to rely on your own wits to vanquish them. The good news? Once destroyed, those cackling purple monstrosities are gone for good. The bad news? There's quite a few of them... Check your in-game roles and clear your sight of these purple fiends to get your hands on some nice rewards:
- Level 1 - A unique pumpkin-themed, orange glow in the dark weapon skin!
- Level 2 - A set of brand new (and only available here) customisable Devil Wings!
To top it all off, we also have special Fright Club Challenges for the duration of the event. Complete enough in-mission activities in the Asylum District to claim your prize!
- Bronze Challenge Complete - Joker Tickets for use in the in-game Joker Distribution store!
- Silver Challenge Complete - Scary Clown Mask (available week 1 of event) and a brand-new Witch/Wizard's Hat (available week 2 of the event)!
- Gold Challenge Complete - A whole stack of Joker Tickets and a 10 day lease of a brand new weapon you can't get anywhere else!
Now, if ghouls and ghosts aren't your thing, we've also got a sneak peak at some upcoming content for you. We're tentatively calling this the 'Punk Pack', and it contains a couple of long-requested items including new backpacks as well as the goggles that made Javez famous. The pack also introduces a new weapon from Somatic Advanced Tactical Systems, who seem like they're trying to match a Joker Gunworks favourite. Get your hands on a unique variant of this new weapon by completing the Gold Fright Club Challenge in Asylum!
That's all for just now. We're off to lock the doors, it's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark...