We ran in to an unrelated issue with Punkbuster when trying to release the Crash patch tonight, so we have pushed off the patch until 9am Sunday morning PST. Patch 73 is now ready to go out Sunday. Happy Easter!
---------- (back to the original post) -------------
Around that time of yesterday's posting on the leased weapon debate (you can find that posting here: http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2011/04/next-35000-invites-going-out-and-giant.html since it has an interesting discussion about the way leased items work) we also realized that there were some serious issues with the current Thursday patch, and while we have not fixed ALL the issues, we are going to perform a Saturday release to roll out as many fixes as we have been able to address. And keep in mind - this is STILL Closed Beta (though a much bigger one), and we expect to make a few more tweaks before going full Open Beta.
The team worked all day Friday and Saturday to fix these issues:
- Fixed a client crash that occurred frequently in Financial, by the freeway near Veronika Lee.
- Fixed corrupt vehicle wheels on deployed vehicles.
- Fixed issue where players were not given rewards from completing witnessing missions
- Fixed an issue where enforcers could receive tutorial part 2 twice.
- Removed vehicle speed penalty for carrying open world loot stashes.
- Arresting a Notoriety 5 Criminal now makes you Prestige 5.
- Slightly reduced the impact of VIPs on vehicle speed.
- Stabba CCG - Improved Accuracy, increased recoil.
- Added small contact standing rewards for open world activities.
- Reduced prices on most body customizations.
So on a total sidenote, there is an ongoing raging debate about LTL weapons (Less Than Lethal) used by enforcers to arrest criminals. So the CCG change should improve arresting capability for the CCG. I am sure LTL is a topic we will come back to.
And (this was in a previous post) US-East servers are NOT currently located on the East Coast (!). The reason was that it would cause a delay to bring them up there. However, as soon as the true East Coast servers are operational anyone on the US-East server will automagically switch over to that location (and should then see much lower latencies).