In the last 36 hours we have been working on performance tuning, new patch changes and a whole series of changes to the game that will improve server side performance over the next 24 hours. We just made one critical change to how cheat detection is handled, and that was rolled out in the last hour (yes, we are watching what people are doing, just not banning anyone, and that's on purpose...), and next up we are going to perform configuration changes tomorrow afternoon, which we believe will further improve district performance and get us to the stable release we are looking for.
Once we have the new tuned hardware in place tomorrow, we also plan to release the next set of patches. Below are the patch notes for the next patch. I will spend some time AFTER the next update to put together a more detailed status and roadmap for the next few weeks, especially since once we have tested all the core functions, we then plan to roll out all the NEW functions (yay!), starting in Closed Beta, and then moving in to Open Beta.
Again - thanks to everyone who is testing the game out daily. We REALLY appreciate the feedback, and will continue to make quick patches to address some of the basic items.
Personally I cannot wait until we have the NEW GAME MODES in the game, and after Closed Beta has been fully validated, THEN we are going to focus on that as the next really big project.
1.4.3 (66) External Release Notes
- Fixed the mission ‘Just Like Momma Used to Make’, where only one item would drop but two would be required.
- Corrected Enforcer Bomb Defusal role (starting at 50 rather than 500).
- Fixed minor typo with Display Points (was using 'Spray' rather than 'Activate', which is not valid in social).
- Added a building site in the 'killbox' warehouse area behind Wilson Leboyce's spawn zone to add cover and interest to the area.
- Fixed two district server crashes.
- Improvements to the FPS display:
- Moved the /fps and /fpsdetail displays down slightly so they don't render over the HUD.
- Memory usage is now displayed in MB instead of bytes so it’s easier to read.
- We now always render the memory usage in green on 64-bit systems.
- Rewritten the LATENCY calculation code to use less bandwidth and give results closer to the real round-trip time of client-server network traffic.
- Fixed Macchina Calabria 127 criminal variant showing enforcer front police lights as an option in the Garage.
- Small fix to rewards to unlock LTL weapons at Ty rather than Grissom. Also tweaked it slightly so the primary comes from Ty and the secondary comes from Chung Hee.
- Fix for Colby PMG-28 open slot versions not having any open slots.
- NTEC: Slightly lower damage, worse base accuracy, worse minimum accuracy, worse movement accuracy, Reduced effective range to 50m
- STAR: Reduced effective range to 50m. Slightly worse minimum accuracy. Slightly better running accuracy (to make up for the min accuracy loss, roughly the same overall)
- Obeya: Worse movement accuracy.
- NFAS: Slightly improved damage per pellet.
- ALIG 762: Worse Damage against players. Increased base accuracy, slightly increased rate of fire (overall a positive effect)
- OBIR: Slightly increased damage. Significantly reduced accuracy loss per shot, Worse movement accuracy (overall a positive effect)
- Joker SR-15: Significantly improved base accuracy.